|Date added||30th March 2017|
|Tags||apache, lamp, lamp for windows, mysql, php, server, wamp|
This is the x64 (64bit) version. If you’re looking for the x86 version, click here.
Dependencies (Make sure you install these first!):
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 (x64)
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (x64)
a Windows web development environment.
WampServer is a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache2, PHP and a MySQL database. Alongside, PhpMyAdmin allows you to manage easily your databases.
- Double click on the downloaded file and just follow the instructions. Everything is automatic. The WampServer package is delivered whith the latest releases of Apache, MySQL and PHP.
- Once WampServer is installed, you can manually add aditionals Apache, Php or MySql (only VC9, VC10 and VC11 compiled) versions. Explanations will be provided on the forum.
- Each release of Apache, MySQL and PHP has its own settings and its own files (datas for MySQL).
- The “www” directory will be automatically created (usually c:\wamp\www)
- Create a subdirectory in “www” and put your PHP files inside.
- Click on the “localhost” link in the WampSever menu or open your internet browser and go to the URL : http://localhost
WampServer’s functionalities are very complete and easy to use so we won’t explain here how to use them.
With a left click on WampServer’s icon, you will be able to:
- manage your Apache and MySQL services
- switch online/offline (give access to everyone or only localhost)
- install and switch Apache, MySQL and PHP releases
- manage your servers settings
- access your logs
- access your settings files
- create alias
With a right click :
- change WampServer’s menu language
- access this page
Want to make sure you have the latest version? Check out WAMP’s official website!